[support] URL changes in 4.7

Earl Miles merlin at logrus.com
Mon Jun 26 16:39:33 UTC 2006

Alejandro Exojo wrote:
> But your syntax is not HTML, so web browsers don't understand it, so
> it needs
> to be converted, _and_ the path needs to be modified prepending "/foo/bar/"
> to it. With just HTML, only the URL needs to be modified.

Well, yes, I'm proposing a filter. Filters by their nature have to be
converted to HTML on output. Drupal does a fair bit of filtering and can
do a lot more. I don't really understand the problem you have with this
proposed solution; just using HTML doesn't solve...well, anything, since
the base tag is no longer used the way it was in 4.6.