[support] URL changes in 4.7

Greg Knaddison - GVS Greg at GrowingVentureSolutions.com
Mon Jun 26 19:18:06 UTC 2006

On 6/26/06, Earl Miles <merlin at logrus.com> wrote:
> Alejandro Exojo wrote:
> > But your syntax is not HTML, so web browsers don't understand it, so
> > it needs
> > to be converted, _and_ the path needs to be modified prepending "/foo/bar/"
> > to it. With just HTML, only the URL needs to be modified.
> >

> Well, yes, I'm proposing a filter. Filters by their nature have to be
> converted to HTML on output. Drupal does a fair bit of filtering and can
> do a lot more. I don't really understand the problem you have with this
> proposed solution; just using HTML doesn't solve...well, anything, since
> the base tag is no longer used the way it was in 4.6.

I have done something similar with a modified version of URLFilter.
The first thing it does is clean up all a href tags to make them
absolute regardless of what the user entered.  It then goes on and
does other things I´m not so proud of, but that the client demanded
(inserted a target="_blank").  You could tweak that idea further to
have it also filter all img tags to include the absolute URL (as folks
in this thread have pointed out can be helpful for RSS syndication).

I´d be happy to clean up that modified version and share it (in about
three weeks, I´m currently on vacation...).  It´s relatively simple to
do though, using the format of URLFilter as a basis for the work.

Regards,
Greg

--
Greg Knaddison | Growing Venture Solutions
Denver, CO | http://growingventuresolutions.com