[support] questions

Mohammed al-shar' msharo at wanadoo.jo
Sun Mar 12 14:56:15 UTC 2006

hello all.
1st, once drupal 4.7 becomes a reality, will version 4.65 still be supported? and for how long? what is the policy.
2nd, I see that drupal already is a powerful platform and has been maintained for long, yet, I must say I don't like the attitude of some of the core developers "if you don't like it, creat it" or something of the sort. I am saying this because, we drupal users deserve to get basic functionality available in drupal, like a web-link directory, a more secure guestbook, a faq, etc. not all of us know how to code modules.
3d, is there a way we could make the registration to drupal based sites more secure, mainly by making users have to activate their accounts via email, like most other cms? please, don't say captcha.
thanks in advance.
mohammed.