[support] Access control of PHP code

Larry Garfield larry at garfieldtech.com
Wed Mar 15 06:10:46 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 14 March 2006 18:37, Carl Parrish wrote:

> >If you are really interested, please join the development mailing lists,
> > for you will find some posts there aboiut his issue. Also, the cvs logs
> > on drupal.org/cvs will tell you what happens in that regard.
> >
> >Bèr
>
> hmm since the answer to all my questions seem to be "check out 4.7"
> *and* there doesn't seem to be any sense in learning the old frame work
> when the new one is coming soon. Perhaps I should work on porting my
> sites over to 4.7 now (how close to a release are we?) . I'm worried
> that the modules I need won't be ported yet. But perhaps porting mods
> would be a good way to learn the framework.

4.7 is in feature freeze with a very low critical bug count at last report.
My own guess is an RC release will be next, so I'd say it's about as eminent
as it can reasonably be.  Of course, there's no date. :-)  Contrib modules
are currently a crap shoot, in my experience.  (I'm also working on a 4.7
site.)

And yes, helping to update contrib modules is both a good learning experience
and very helpful to boot!

--
Larry Garfield			AIM: LOLG42
larry at garfieldtech.com		ICQ: 6817012