[support] File download anomaly

Kobus Myburgh ITBJDM at puknet.puk.ac.za
Thu May 11 05:53:24 UTC 2006

Hi,

I have two files in a directory:

1) somefile.txt
2) somefile.pdf

The first one was uploaded via page.module and the other via
node_files.module (but I think this is irrelevant).

I have set files to "Private" in Drupal.

If I browse to: mysite/system/files/somefile.txt the text file opens
perfectly. When I browse to mysite/system/files/somefile.pdf, I get
"page not found". I double-checked that the file actually exists in the
folder, and that it opens correctly from within Windows with Acrobat
Reader. I have also confirmed that the files are both in the same
directory and that the file name case is the same (although that doesn't
bother Windows), and that the paths for both downloads from my site is
exactly the same.

Any ideas why would one file give me a "page not found" and the other
one work fine?

Thanks in advance!

Kobus