[support] Aggregator Help for drupal

Rajesh Patwardhan rpatwardhan at westjet.com
Fri May 19 16:17:10 UTC 2006

Thanks for the response.

Yes the feed works if I go directly for e.g. to feedburner.

I have a link http://feeds.feedburner.com/slashdot/wxvy
Which I can access from within in various readers as yahoo or google.

But with the drupal aggregator and trying to put the feedburner link
also fails similarly as before.

warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to
feeds.feedburner.com:80 (A connection attempt failed because the
connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or
established connection failed because connected host has failed to
respond.
) in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\includes\common.inc on line 268.
warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by
(output started at C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\includes\common.inc:384) in
C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\includes\common.inc on line 192.

Any other suggestions.

Regards,
Rajesh

On May 19, 2006, at 9:09 AM, Rajesh Patwardhan wrote:

> We tried to set up RSS feeds to Slashdot via the aggregator module and
> facing some problem which has been discussed a lot in this connection.
>
> warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to
> rss.slashdot.org:80 (A connection attempt failed because the connected
> party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established
> connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.
> ) in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\includes\common.inc on line 268.
> warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by
> (output started at C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\includes\common.inc:384) in
> C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\includes\common.inc on line 192.

Do you have other feeds working? First thing to rule out is that your
server is blocked from pulling in feeds.

You also might test by running the Slashdot feed through Feedburner,
and see if you can pull it in that way.

Laura