[support] trouble with permissions for book module

Mike Hartman mike at voxinc.com
Wed May 24 21:51:36 UTC 2006

I recently upgraded to 4.7 and I'm still getting the hang of Drupal.

I'm also using the Taxonomy Access module to restrict access to certain
nodes by user role.

I'm using the book module for one area of the site along with the
Taxonomy Access module to make them viewable for only certain user
roles. In permissions I have everything pertaining to the book module
such as "create book pages", "edit book pages", etc turned off  for a
user role. But when I log in as that user I still see the "view" and
"edit" tabs on the pages of the book and I'm still able to click on the
"edit" tab and make changes to the book page. While trouble shooting
this I turned off every permission setting except "access content" for
that user role and I still see the "vew" and "edit" tabs when logged in
as that user.

I've also noticed the "authenticated user" role will effect the other
roles I've created so I unchecked all permissions for that role as well
with no result.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Mike Hartman