[support] trouble with permissions for book module

Laura Scott laura at pingv.com
Wed May 24 22:33:09 UTC 2006

Hi Mike,

It's been a while since I used Tax Access -- much preferring the
organic groups module to set aside private content these days -- but
from what I remember, the TA module works in a permissive way in that
if any term associated with a node can be viewed by the public, then
that node is treated as public. In other words, you can strict access
only by limiting tagging to the restricted term(s).

That part is obvious. What's not as obvious is that books are treated
as one big document, comprised of strung-together nodes. As such, you
might have one book page somewhere that is not restricted by TA, and
that makes the whole book visible.

Just a guess, but the problem you mention resonates with this new
post about re-thinking the book module: http://drupal.org/node/65319 .

I hope this is of some help.

Laura

pingVision, LLC