[support] DB error on upgrade

Gerhard Killesreiter gerhard at killesreiter.de
Sun May 28 08:44:06 UTC 2006

Geoff Staples wrote:
> In upgrading from drupal 4.7.0 to 4.7.1, I got the database error below.
>
> It looks like the column vid was already added and the data from uid
> copied as per the update code. I had to manually modify the table to
> make vid unique.
>
> Geoff
>
> php
> Date     Saturday, May 27, 2006 - 21:10
> User     admin <http://www.greatresultsmarketing.com/?q=user/1>
> Location     http://www.xxxxx.com/update.php?op=do_update
> <http://www.greatresultsmarketing.com/update.php?op=do_update>
> Referrer     http://www.xxxxx.com/update.php?op=selection
> <http://www.greatresultsmarketing.com/update.php?op=selection>
> Message     Duplicate key name 'vid' query: ALTER TABLE node ADD
> UNIQUE (vid) in
> /services/webpages/x/x/xxxx.com/public/includes/database.mysql.inc on
> line 120.

Geoff, Drupal had contained a line to drop the index before the release.
My tests revealed that this index was not present when I created a fresh
4.6.7 site and then upgraded to 4.7.1, thus I removed this line. Can you
tell me about the development of your site? At which version did you
start? Did you apply database changes outside from Drupal's update.php?

Cheers,
    Gerhard