[support] Updating from 4.5.2 (in CivicSpace distro) to 4.6.7 Drupal

blogdiva at culturekitchen.com blogdiva at culturekitchen.com
Tue May 30 04:25:13 UTC 2006

On  29.May.2006, at 11:21 PM, Laura Scott wrote:

> BTW, if this is CivicSpace (which I guess only from your db name),
> why are you doing a Drupal upgrade and not a CivicSpace upgrade?

Thanks for the heads up. it occurred to me as I looked through the
instructions --which I will need to rewrite in a big and ugly way--
yeah, i will have to walk through each version of drupal until the
latest. it's insane if you ask me.

Why i am not upgrading using civicspace? To use CiviCRM I had to set
up a separate site --it slowed down and crashed CultureKitchen
constantly. I have only been able to run massmailer once, in a
textdrive development site i had with one of the earliest versions of
CivicSpace. Since then, nothing I do makes it work. So right there,
the two major reasons for me to run CivicSpace are completely gone.

Last but not least, I have to pare down my sites. They suck big
chunks of bandwidth and I think the distro is part of the problem.
I'd rather set up the other CSL modules by hand and hope for the best.

If you have a better idea as to how to go about this, please shoot
them my way.

Cheers,
liza