[support] Updating from 4.5.2 (in CivicSpace distro) to 4.6.7 Drupal

Laura Scott laura at pingv.com
Tue May 30 03:21:34 UTC 2006

Hi Liza,

4.5 to 4.6 was a tough upgrade, as I recall. From what I remember,
what I had to do on a couple of sites is move back through the update
versions. Your database update seems to have missed a column insert
in a previous update. (A (mis)educated guess.)

I believe a number of people were able to get the update to work by
moving backwards through the db upgrade numbers. You might even dig
through the update file looking for "severity" and scroll up from
there to the update number it involves.

In fact, I just dug through updates.inc (in the database folder) and
found this:

function update_115() {
   $ret = array();
   if ($GLOBALS['db_type'] == 'mysql') {
     $ret[] = update_sql("ALTER TABLE {watchdog} ADD severity tinyint
(3) unsigned NOT NULL default '0'");
   }
   else if ($GLOBALS['db_type'] == 'pgsql') {
     $ret[] = update_sql('ALTER TABLE {watchdog} ADD severity
smallint');
     $ret[] = update_sql('UPDATE {watchdog} SET severity = 0');
     $ret[] = update_sql('ALTER TABLE {watchdog} ALTER COLUMN
severity SET NOT NULL');
     $ret[] = update_sql('ALTER TABLE {watchdog} ALTER COLUMN
severity SET DEFAULT 0');
   }
   return $ret;
}

You might try rerunning update.php, and manually selecting version
115, and see how that goes.

OR (safer) extract the MySQL from this update, convert it into mysql
syntax and run the commands manually.

Hope this helps!

BTW, if this is CivicSpace (which I guess only from your db name),
why are you doing a Drupal upgrade and not a CivicSpace upgrade?

Best,
Laura

pingVision, LLC
4450 Arapahoe Ave, Suite 100