[support] (no subject)

Zen Seeker zenseeker2 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 3 15:00:19 UTC 2006

I don't mean to be a bug, but I am curious as to why I don't get any
acknowledgment to this question.  I know everyone is very busy.  I am
trying to use the proper protocol for addressing this issue.  The
following is an issue I posted at drupal.org.  I've tried to be as
specific as possible.  If I'm not clear, can someone let me know what
other details you might need?  As always, thanks in advance for all
assistance.

I put this out in the forums, but it got overlooked. Didn't know if I
should put it here, but taking a chance that maybe someone else might
have this problem. I am playing with the 5.x beta with my custom
theme. It is here on a temp site: www.memoryflix.biz. I have inserted
the new primary link code in the page.tpl.php file. I have graphic
tabs in the header for the primary links. It took some fiddling to
get them, along with the background image, in the proper position. I
used bluemarine page.tpl.php as the basis for the theme. Everything
looked good in 4.7.4, as here: www.lifeonilife.com. My only problem
is the tabs are now spaced too far apart. I have another theme that
is doing the same thing. Looked fine in 4.7.4, but now there are
spaces between the tabs. From that theme, it seems it's the size or
padding or margin of the button_over image, but nothing in the css
that I change is squashing the space. I even dropped the background
image to a 1px width. I realize that the new primary link code is
using navlist. My css has navcontainer. I tried changing all the
navcontainers to navlist and that really messed things up. So I left
the new code as is and put it in

I just want to get rid of the spaces. I didn't want to put this in as
an issue because I THINK it's got to be the css, although that hasn't
changed from the 4.7.4 installation. I'm a newbie who has discovered
custom theming and Dries' post said newbies could contribute to the
testing of 5.x beta. I'm definitely in the "dangerous" category. I
lived life as a tester for six years, testing against Oracle
databases and SAS. Never want to see that life again, but I'll gladly
volunteer to test if anyone wants to give me some use cases, or I can
just try and break things myself!

Thanks in advance.

Just wondering if anyone has had time to look at this. I did install
antique_modern theme and it has the same problem. If someone could
just give me a little direction, I'd appreciate it. Looks like it's
any theme that has tabs for primary links. Thanks again.