[support] RewriteRules and Multisites

marcob marcob at gawab.com
Fri Nov 3 16:14:25 UTC 2006

I've searched in Drupal forums and on the net, but couldn't manage to
get this solved:

How to redirect each multisite "mysite.com" to it's respective
"www.mysite.com" ?

I tryed many RewriteRules:

RULE 1:
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\.site1\.com$ [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.site1.com/$1 [L,R=301]

RESULT:
all my sites are redirected to "www.site1.com"
---------------------------
RULE 2:
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\.site1\.com$ [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.site1.com/$1 [L,R=301]

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\.site2\.com$ [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.site2.com/$1 [L,R=301]

RESULT:
Too many redirects occurred trying to open “http://www.kiteatlas.com/”.
This might occur if you open a page that is redirected to open another
page which
then is redirected to open the original page.
---------------------------
RULE 3:
  RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www\.[^.]+\.com$ [NC]
  RewriteRule ^http://www\.([^.]+)\.com/$1 [L,R=301]

RESULT:
Nothing happens. Site addresses are not redirected in any way
apparently.

Please, could anyone suggest a RewriteRule (Cond) that redirects ALL
multisites to
their corresponding www. address?

I swear I will make the reply into a Handbook page ;)

Cheers,
Marco