[support] Want to make a book list for a library - best practice?

Jason Flatt drupal at oadae.net
Sat Nov 11 06:05:18 UTC 2006

On Friday 10 November 2006 15:07, Jody Cleveland wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm designing a website for a public library using drupal. One thing
> they'd like to have is a set of book lists. I found this one:
> http://www.hclib.org/kid/frame.cfm?frame=kids_read.cfm which is exactly
> what I want to do.

Here's what I got:

"Sorry!
 The page you requested was not located. It may have been moved or deleted.
 Please use our site's search feature to locate the information you need."

The site's navigation is a little odd. You might try right-clicking on the
link and selecting the item that is something like Copy Link Address.

> Is there a module that would allow me to do this? If so, which one? If
> not, any ideas on the best way to do this?
>
> I tried doing it as having each book be a separate page, and then using
> taxonomy to view all of a book list, but that's been pretty time
> consuming.

It's probably going to be time consuming no matter how it's done. If there
isn't a module (the only one I've found is deprecated), you might try
creating a solution using a CCK and Views combination.

--
Jason Flatt
http://www.oadaeh.net/