[support] What's breadcrumb do for me in templates?

Cog Rusty cog.rusty at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 03:25:11 UTC 2006

On 11/28/06, Reynier Perez Mira <rperezm at estudiantes.uci.cu> wrote:

> As the title of the message say: what breadcrumb do for me in a template?
> I made my own template and taking some codes from another (bluemarine) I see
> that but I cant understand what that means. Before post this in the list I
> do a simple research in Drupal Site (http://drupal.org/node/46006) and
> found this: breadcrumb: HTML for displaying the breadcrumbs at the top of
> the page. But this not clear some much to me.
> Cheers and thanks in advance

What else? The $breadcrumb variable in the template displays the
breadcrumb(!)

Are you asking what a breadcrumb is? It is that line at the top of the page
which shows where you are, such as "Home >> Administer >> Settings". By
default, it just follows the path. But there are modules which make it
follow a taxonomy vocabulary. This helps the user navigate and return home
if you have few and deep sub-categories.