[support] accessibility of drupal sites

Mohammed Al-shar' mohammed at atexplorer.com
Wed Oct 18 01:14:05 UTC 2006

hi Gerhard!

thank you for this quick response.

-----
" Our problem is that we don't have blind people who give us input."

-----

I hope I will be of help in this regard. I am blind myself, and has been
using drupal for sometime now.

-----

 There is a module somewhere that allows you do change the size of the
font, IIRC. It should be easy to extend to change the contrast too by
 switching to a different theme. There is a switchtheme module which might
be usable for this.

------

can you help me locate that IIRC module? I don't seem to be able to find it.
as for the theme switcher, I don't like to do this as struggling with one
theme for Arabic "rtl" and English "ltr" has been very troublesom. how ever,
I think that making different versions of the same theme with different
color and font size companations might work. understandably, I hate to
struggle with colors myself as I haven't finished the task of modifying the
current stylesheet to more blue, and wouldn't mind, will actually apreciate,
a hand in doing this.

----
 I like to think that Drupal as such is quite good at this.
------
absolutely, I can't agree more.

-----
 I've had a short look. I like the design it is plain and simple (not  that
I am not a designer). What I didn't like are the two images on the top of
the site. The left image shows a guy who looks as if the earth would end
tomorrow (very sad). The right shows a couple of people in an office. The
people on the photo all look rather European and not very Arabic. That
doesn't really make sense to me.
------

thanks for the nice words about the design, although the credit goes to a
guy named Ayman who made this bidi theme. as for the image, I can't comment,
but will pass this to my sighted colleagues who gave me these images.

Again, thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with me.

Regards,
Mohammed al-shar'