[support] block with latest 3 sticky posts

Laura Scott laura at pingv.com
Fri Oct 20 01:46:06 UTC 2006

On Oct 19, 2006, at 6:19 PM, Mohammed Al-shar' wrote:

> lora,
>
> thank you.
>
> but don't you think that the views module isn't easy at all? I
> tried it but couldn't do anything with it. I saw it as being very
> difficult. is there some book that explains it more? I know it's
> powerful.

Try taking an existing view, and clicking "clone." That way the
obvious stuff is already filled in. Things to remember:

1) You need a page if you want people to see all your sticky posts.

2) You need a block, obviously.

3) You will want to have filters. Musts would be node is sticky, node
is published. You can add taxonomy, author, other conditions as you
like. Try it out, and see what happens.

4) You probably don't need to deal with arguments.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Laura