[support] Search results not showing up.

Laura Scott laura at pingv.com
Fri Oct 20 22:10:32 UTC 2006

On Oct 20, 2006, at 9:15 AM, Jason Flatt wrote:

> On Friday 20 October 2006 06:47, Bèr Kessels wrote:
>> Op vrijdag 20 oktober 2006 00:47, schreef Laura Scott:
>>> I just noticed this on one site I helped migrate to a new server
>>> this
>>> morning, and figured the table got corrupted. I did not think
>>> that it
>>> might be a common problem. I'll reply again if I notice it on any
>>> other sites.
>>
>> hmm, this seems liek a good point.
>> I ran
>> mysqlcheck -udebian-sys-maint -p --repair --auto-repair --analyze
>> --optimize  -A
>>
>> And it seems that indeed the indexes were corrupted on at least
>> two of the
>> sites that stopped indexing.
>>
>> Lets hope and see if that was really the root of all problems.
>>
>> Bèr
>
> It would be nice to know why they were corrupt.  Was it just solar
> flares, or
> is there something in the Drupal cron run (or somewhere else) that
> is causing
> it.

I just found another site -- my personal blog, actually -- that had
searches coming up empty. I re-indexed the site and manually triggere
cron a couple of times, and all is working now. I will have to check
it now and then, to see if it flakes out on me again.

The two sites I've seen this so far were recently migrated, and I
typically don't migrate search indexes, so they were indexed very
recently. This is a mystery, but might point to a problem.

Laura