[support] theming the output of the views module

Kobus Myburgh ITBJDM at puknet.puk.ac.za
Tue Oct 24 09:04:58 UTC 2006

Hi Mohammed,

It would be possible to do so, but as far as I can tell, you'd need to
edit the module itself, unless I am missing something.

My other suggestion of writing a simple SQL query to do this and put
the code in a block could be an alternative solution, however, not sure
if that is better than using Views.

Regards,

Kobus

>>> mohammed at atexplorer.com 10/24/2006 10:07:28 AM >>>
hi again listers.

first I want to apologize for the tune of the previous email. I try to
research as much as I can before I post.

I have successfully produced a block with the latest 3 sticky posts
using the views module as some of you suggested. all is well, i chose to
view the results in a "table view" and I also got this. now, can I theme
the output of that block? I don't want the results to be displayed each
in a row, with the title taking the first collumn and the teaser taking
the second. instead I wanted three boxes next to each other, not above
each other.

to clerify this further I baste below the output of the block generated
by the views module, and then below it what i possibly want to achieve.

/*** the output of the views module:
    <h2 class="title">Highlites</h2>
class='view-content view-content-highlites'><table>
 <thead><tr><th id="view-field-node_title"
class="view-cell-header"></th><th id="view-field-node_body"
<tbody>
href="/index.php?q=node/1">nattiq website on the way</a></td><td
class="view-field view-field-node_body"><p>just to keep everybody
updated, Nattiq new website is on the way!</p>
href="/index.php?q=node/3">this is a test story</a></td><td
class="view-field view-field-node_body"><p>this story is for test
purposes.<br />
it's sticky and promoted to front page.</p>
href="/index.php?q=node/4">views module rocks!</a></td><td
class="view-field view-field-node_body"><p>just what the title says</p>

/*** what I want to achieve in a poor design I know, but just to pass
the idea:

the first story's title
the second story's title
the third story's title