[support] theming the output of the views module

Earl Miles merlin at logrus.com
Tue Oct 24 15:48:40 UTC 2006

Kobus Myburgh wrote:
> Hi Mohammed,
>
> It would be possible to do so, but as far as I can tell, you'd need to
> edit the module itself, unless I am missing something.

Huh? Views' outputs are all completely themeable.

Mohammed just needs to override the theme function for the view. There's
some not very good documentation on doing this here:
http://drupal.org/node/42597 -- it's accurate but it's not very good
because it's really just showing what theming functions are available,
and not the tutorial to theming that most people want. I don't have the
right combination of energy + teaching skill to write that just now, so
I'm hoping someone else will step forward with more specifics.