[support] xmlrpc() crashes without warning for large base64 data types...

Leo Burd leob at media.mit.edu
Tue Oct 31 20:32:02 UTC 2006

Hello there,

For some reason, calls to xmlrpc.php are crashing/timing out for base64 data
elements larger than 100k.  Here's some more information:

* I'm running my site in a Red Hat EL 4 server with PHP 4.3.9 (which is the
default for this OS)
* I tried to replicate the error calling the functions directly from the
command line and the error did not show up
* It seems that the call to base64_encode() is consuming a lot of resources.
I changed memory limits in php.ini to 128M and the function calls still
hang.

Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions/clues about what could be done?

Thanks in advance,

Leo