[support] Fatal Error

Jason Flatt drupal at oadae.net
Fri Sep 8 11:30:46 UTC 2006

On Thursday 07 September 2006 05:51, Kobus Myburgh wrote:

> Hi Jason,
>
> Thanks for that info. Not sure how to check that permission you are
> talking about, but I have done the next best thing that I could think
> of. I created a file in the root directory of the site, called
> test.html
> which just performs a bunch of random prints on the screen, and called
> it by means of http://www.mydomain.com/test.html and was able to get
> the
> expected result. Doesn't this mean that the permissions are correct?

Not necessarily. When you create a file, that file will be created with the
permissions of the directory in which it is created. If you have the ability
to create a file, then you most likely have the ability to read that (and
probably any other) file (except in rather bizarre circumstances). When you
copy or move a file or directory, however, they may retain their previous
permissions (depending on how they were copied or moved) which may not be the
correct ones to be used w/IIS.

In order to check, you would have to look at the permissions of both the files
and directories themselves (with Windows Explorer, for example) and within
the IIS configuration (I don't remember off the top of my head where in the
IIS configuration those settings are). Those are two different areas, and
both would have to be verified, if there was a concern.

--
Jason Flatt
http://www.oadae.net/