[support] 403 Forbidden error when using multiple sites, one drupal

Jody Cleveland Cleveland at winnefox.org
Thu Sep 14 11:58:17 UTC 2006

Hello,

I'm trying to setup my drupal installation to have multiple sites. So,
in my sites directory, I copied the default directory as
menashalibrary.org. I created a new database for that site, and modified
the settings.php file in the menashalibrary.org directory to point to
the database. But, when I go to the url for the site:
http://www.wals.lib.wi.us/drupal/sites/menashalibrary.org
I get a 403 forbidden error.

Looking at my server logs, I get this:
[error] [client 172.30.2.145] Directory index forbidden by rule:
/var/www/html/drupal/sites/menashalibrary.org/

I've looked at the forums and instructions online for this, and I'm very
confused.

What am I doing wrong?

- jody