[support] Views & Permissions

Gordon Heydon gordon at heydon.com.au
Fri Sep 15 14:03:32 UTC 2006

Hi,

Simon Swegles wrote:
> I have a situation in which I need to use Views (or something similar)
> to display a table showing story titles and authors to 'anonymous'
> without giving 'anonymous' privileges to access the actual story
> content. Kind of a "teaser". So do any of you kind folk have any bright
> ideas?
>
> I am running 4.7.3 with the taxonomy_access and views modules.

I am pretty sure this is not possible. The node access system is pretty
much an all or nothing device. Either a user can see a node, or they can't.

About the only method of doing this is to create your own custom module
that will display the required nodes, and not use db_rewrite_sql() when
doing the select.

Gordon.