[support] Views & Permissions

Earl Miles merlin at logrus.com
Fri Sep 15 15:03:51 UTC 2006

Simon Swegles wrote:
> I have a situation in which I need to use Views (or something similar)
> to display a table showing story titles and authors to 'anonymous'
> without giving 'anonymous' privileges to access the actual story
> content. Kind of a "teaser". So do any of you kind folk have any bright
> ideas?
>
> I am running 4.7.3 with the taxonomy_access and views modules.

As Michelle mentioned, premium.module can do that kind of thing. You can
also create a small hook_nodeapi somewhere that does a
drupal_access_denied() (or do a drupal_goto to a login page or some
such) on $op == 'view' if the user should not have access to actually
view the content (but the content will then still appear in all lists
everywhere).

premium.module might actually already do that.