[support] warning: Missing argument 2 for drupal_get_path()

Jason Flatt drupal at oadae.net
Tue Sep 19 15:26:39 UTC 2006

On Monday 18 September 2006 10:13, Jody Cleveland wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm running drupal 4.7.3, and just setup a multi-site scenario. If I go
> to just the main site, I get no errors. But, when I go to any of the
> sites I have setup under the sites directory, I get this error message:
>
> warning: Missing argument 2 for drupal_get_path() in
> /var/www/html/drupal/includes/common.inc on line 1192.
>
> I get that error when I click on Administer - Modules.
>
> Line 1192 of common.inc is:
> Function drupal_get_path($type, $name) {
> 	return dirname(drupal_get_filename($type, $name));
> }
>
> Any ideas how to fix this?
>
> - jody

The problem isn't in common.inc, but in one of the contrib modules you have
installed (or in some of your own custom code). The trick is finding which
one. There are two things you can try.

First, look at the watchdog log messages listed when you click
on "administer". Sometimes the messages will have clues to the real module
that's causing the problem.

Second, if the log messages don't help, disable all contrib modules, then
re-enable them one at a time until the behavior starts up again (or do it the
other way by disabling them one at a time until the behavior stops). Once you
know the culprit, then you can look through the code for that function and
fix the problem.

--
Jason Flatt
http://www.oadae.net/