[support] Calendar, event, and timezone problems

Andrew Cohill cohill at designnine.com
Sat Sep 23 20:47:43 UTC 2006

Like some others, I'm having problems with the event module and the
site time zone settings (Drupal 4.6).

All events being posted are showing up one hour earlier, even though
the site time is set correctly and configurable time zones is turned
off.

Turning configurable time zones on and adjusting the setting for the
event module has no effect--events are still one hour early.

I have also created a flexinode called calendar_event so that events
can have a description and location, but there does not seem to be
any way to turn off access to the basic event in access control.  No
one on the site has permission to use the 'basicevent' module, but in
the create content menu, an 'event' item shows up.

I can take that option out with the menu settings, but I don't
understand what module is generating the basic event node as a
'create content' option.  I should be able to turn this using access
control.

Thanks,
Andrew