[support] Calendar, event, and timezone problems

Andrew Cohill cohill at designnine.com
Sun Sep 24 16:54:20 UTC 2006

I've just spent about two hours reading message after message in the
Drupal forums about timezone offset problems, and still can't figure
out what the problem is.

I have two sites running on the same server, with site time and event
time settings set the same way, and one site handles the time
correctly, and the other site does not.

At this point, it appears to be luck as much as anything if Drupal
displays the correct time.

Andrew

On Sep 23, 2006, at 4:47 PM, Andrew Cohill wrote:

> Like some others, I'm having problems with the event module and the
> site time zone settings (Drupal 4.6).
>
> All events being posted are showing up one hour earlier, even
> though the site time is set correctly and configurable time zones
> is turned off.
>
> Turning configurable time zones on and adjusting the setting for
> the event module has no effect--events are still one hour early.
>
> I have also created a flexinode called calendar_event so that
> events can have a description and location, but there does not seem
> to be any way to turn off access to the basic event in access
> control.  No one on the site has permission to use the 'basicevent'
> module, but in the create content menu, an 'event' item shows up.
>
> I can take that option out with the menu settings, but I don't
> understand what module is generating the basic event node as a
> 'create content' option.  I should be able to turn this using
> access control.
>
> Thanks,
> Andrew

Andrew Michael Cohill, Ph.D.
President
Design Nine, Inc.

Design Nine provides visionary broadband architecture,
telecommunications and broadband master planning, and broadband
project management.

Visit the Technology Futures blog for frequently updated news and
commentary on technology issues.
  http://www.designnine.com/news/

http://www.designnine.com/
Blacksburg, Virginia