[support] Reg New installation of drupal

Cog Rusty cog.rusty at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 15:55:32 UTC 2007

On 4/1/07, S.Theyagarajan <theyaga at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi all,
>          I installed drupal on my website and added my content to it ,the
> default content is still coming on the homepage and i am unable to locate
> the page where it is coming from .

It is hardcoded in the node.module and appears when there is no
content published in your front page (or when the user who is viewing
the front page has no permission to view any of your content).

(snip)
> How do i remove this content.

Create some content, publish it, and promote it to the front page.
Make sure that all users, even anonymous, have permission to view this
content, or else they will see that same message.

> and also can i have urls like http://mydomain.com/aboutme than
> htp://mydomain.com/node/1 ?
> if yes how can i achieve that .

Enable the path module. Then an "url alias" option will appear in your
administration menu, where you can alias "node/1" to "aboutme".