[support] multisite +OG +CNAME

Michael Prasuhn mike at mikeyp.net
Fri Apr 6 15:34:30 UTC 2007

On Apr 6, 2007, at 6:06 AM, Miles Fidelman wrote:

> ok - this gets me my site, but after I do all the install, I'd like to
> set up multiple organic groups, and then have the
> original URL (the cname www.foo.org get a user all the way to a
> specific
> organic group)
>
> to be a little more concrete:
> - we're setting up a site www.newton.org for our town
> - we're setting up organic groups for specific areas of interest (e.g.
> www.newton.org/sports will be an organic group for things like little
> league)
> - we'd like www.newtonsports.org to get a user directly to
> www.newton.org/sports
>
> it's that last step I'm trying to figure out now

Try taking a look at <http://drupal.org/node/48472#comment-9651>

It's the method I'm working on for one of my current sites that
already existed on sub-domains, but similar ideas. Just implement
your new domain where they use sub-domains in that example, and then
through careful use of absolute links in the menus, you can really
get the feeling of navigating multiple sites, when in reality the
code and database are one in the same across all of them.

Sorry the site I'm using it on, isnt' live yet.

-Mike
Michael Prasuhn
mike at mikeyp.net
http://mikeyp.net