[support] User privileges and site admin

Andrew Cohill cohill at designnine.com
Mon Apr 9 19:37:56 UTC 2007

On Apr 8, 2007, at 8:44 PM, Larry Garfield wrote:

> Does that role have permission to use all input filters?  If you
> have access
> to edit a given node type but not to use the input filter type that
> node
> uses, you can't edit the page.

That was it.  Thank you very much; I could not figure out what was
going on.

Andrew

> On Sunday 08 April 2007 7:14 pm, Andrew Cohill wrote:
>> On some Drupal 4.7 sites, I have a user role called "site admin."
>> This user role has several privileges, including "administer users"
>> and "administer nodes."
>>
>> A test user with the "site admin" role can edit some pages created by
>> user 1, but not others.  I am going to stop creating pages when
>> logged in as user 1, but I am trying to understand how privileges are
>> assigned, and can't figure out why some pages are editable and others
>> are not.
>>
>> Andrew

Andrew Michael Cohill, Ph.D.
President
Design Nine, Inc.

Design Nine provides visionary broadband architecture and engineering
services, telecommunications and broadband master planning, and
broadband project management.

Visit the Technology Futures blog for frequently updated news and
commentary on technology issues.
  http://www.designnine.com/news/

http://www.designnine.com/
Blacksburg, Virginia