[support] help needed in configuring Blog or View module

Daniel leva at az.isten.hu
Tue Apr 10 12:50:18 UTC 2007

Hi!

Here is a little problem I have:

I want the Blog additions to include the "Attach file" option only if
the user is part of a specified role. I don't want regular registered
users to be able to attach files, but I want to allow users part of
the "Editors" role to be able to attach.

I thought I would make this work by adding a content-type
like "editors_blog", and then make a menu item for a view page (View
module) which displays the "editors_blog"'s contents. But I can't make
this work per user; ie. now I can get all of the entries in
the "editors_blog" content-type, but can not make this work like the
original Blog module, which groups the Blog entries by usernames.

If anyone knows a solution for this, please share it with me :)

Thanks!

Daniel