[support] forum stats

Morten Holmstrup morten at holmstrups.dk
Thu Apr 12 18:07:34 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to put together a block that shows "forum statistics" like
the ones that typically come with phpbb forums and so on. You know,
things like "currently active users", "number of threads", "number of
posts".

Now, I think I have most of them down now - using a few snippets here
and there - but I'm still missing a way to display the complete number
of posts in the forums. The trouble is that replies are in reality
comments, and how do you count the comments that are restricted to the
forums? This is a small feature, I admit, but I'm weird that way ;)

Please correct me, if I'm way off - this is my first site with Drupal
(ammenet.dk).

Anyone know, how to accomplish this or just point me in the right
direction?

(I tried the drupal.org forums, but haven't gotten any replies yet, so I
thought I'd try here)

thanks!
Morten