[support] New to the list with a module question

Krister Ekstrom krister at kristersplace.ws
Tue Apr 24 13:04:42 UTC 2007

Hi,
My name is Krister Ekstrom and i live in Sweden.
I'm trying my best to set up a drupal site for me and help a friend set
up her site.
I'm new to Drupal and to the list so please pardon me if this question
has been asked before, but as you all know you get the role of
"authenticated user" assigned to you as soon as you become registered on
the site. This role comes with the system and as i understand it, the
only thing you can edit with this role are the permissions, not the
name, for example. My question is, is there a module for Drupal v5.x
that lets me as admin assign another role than "authenticated user" to
users when they sign up? I know there was such a module called
"UserAutoRole" or something like that for v4.x but does there exist such
a module for v5.x and if not, is there a way for a non-programmer to
solve this problem?
Thanks in advance.
/Krister