[support] Newbie question on concept

A-NO-NE Music madflute at anonemusic.com
Tue Apr 24 17:40:15 UTC 2007

This maybe a wrong question to this list, but hoping it is OK :-)

I am supposed to do a demo site for a company.  They have chosen Drupal
for the platform after considering Joomla, which I did a demo site for
them.  I realized CMS is aimed at Blog users, and I am having tough time
getting quick tutorials for commercial site where no Blog or News Feeds
are needed.

The reason for CMS needs are multiple Asian language support, archiving
news releases and other documents, and ability to edit the contents by
managers, not to mention needs for CSS2-clean.

Is there any tutorial for commercial site design which skips all the
needs for Blog?  I haven't been able to find one so far.  Drupal
terminologies are more confusing than Joomla to me.  Joomla offers
manual which you can print, bind, and read even where you don't have the
net access.  I was hoping to find something like that for Drupal but to
no avail.  I did order the book from Packt but not sure when I receive it.

Thank you for your time.

--

- Hiro

Hiroaki Honshuku, A-NO-NE Music, Boston, MA
<http://a-no-ne.com> <http://anonemusic.com>