[support] Newbie question on concept

Cyberswat cyberswat at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 18:01:13 UTC 2007

CMS is aimed at managing all forms of content.  Content can be separated
into two components, the content itself and the display of that content.

A good place to start working with the content is the CCK Module (
http://drupal.org/project/cck).  A great tutorial on CCK is located at
http://www.lullabot.com/articles/an_introduction_to_the_content_construction_kit

A good place to start working with display of that content is the Views
Module(http://drupal.org/project/views).  Some tutorials for the views
module are located at http://drupal.org/node/59157

On 4/24/07, A-NO-NE Music <madflute at anonemusic.com> wrote:

> This maybe a wrong question to this list, but hoping it is OK :-)
>
> I am supposed to do a demo site for a company.  They have chosen Drupal
> for the platform after considering Joomla, which I did a demo site for
> them.  I realized CMS is aimed at Blog users, and I am having tough time
> getting quick tutorials for commercial site where no Blog or News Feeds
> are needed.
>
> The reason for CMS needs are multiple Asian language support, archiving
> news releases and other documents, and ability to edit the contents by
> managers, not to mention needs for CSS2-clean.
>
> Is there any tutorial for commercial site design which skips all the
> needs for Blog?  I haven't been able to find one so far.  Drupal
> terminologies are more confusing than Joomla to me.  Joomla offers
> manual which you can print, bind, and read even where you don't have the
> net access.  I was hoping to find something like that for Drupal but to
> no avail.  I did order the book from Packt but not sure when I receive it.
>
> Thank you for your time.
>
> --
>
> - Hiro
>
> Hiroaki Honshuku, A-NO-NE Music, Boston, MA
> <http://a-no-ne.com> <http://anonemusic.com>

Kevin Bridges
http://www.kevinbridges.org/