[support] Drupal.org speed - was Re: Newbie question on concept

Greg Knaddison - GVS Greg at GrowingVentureSolutions.com
Wed Apr 25 14:23:15 UTC 2007

On 4/25/07, A-NO-NE Music <madflute at anonemusic.com> wrote:
> P.S. My other concern is that Drupal.org is quite slow to me.  Just
> searching for CCK documentation took 3 minutes, click on the link to get
> to the node is another 2-3 minutes.

I agree, it has been quite slow for a while.  The great news is that
work is under way to fix it and it's possible for anyone to help.

In the next few hours people will be testing migration to a new
database.  If you want to help test, join #drupal and find killes (and
tread lightly in #drupal).  This is just testing before the final move
and the exact date of the final move depends on testing. Testing is a
point where anyone can help because it is useful to have several folks
"poking" the site to see if anything is broken.

If you want to help and have more money than time the Drupal
association is accepting donations.  While the donations may be used
for a variety of things, my understanding is that in the near term a
large focus of the association (and the funds) is to make sure that
our infrastructure is as fast as our great community deserves!

http://association.drupal.org/donate

There are other ways to help speed up Drupal.org like providing code
to improve the performance of Drupal itself, but the two I mention
above are accessible to a wide range of folks.

Regards,
Greg