[support] private content with a public teaser

John Barreiros johnbarreiros2 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 21:00:19 UTC 2007

Hi
The site I'm working on publishes a monthly publication. A subscription
gives a person access to these publications.

The publication is a custom content type with a bunch of CCK fields.

Using the nodeapi hook, I create a custom teaser for each publication.

Now, here's what I want to do. I want that teaser to be viewable by
everyone.

Using "views", I created a page which displays a teaser list of all the
publications. When a person is logged in, this list shows up fine. Anonymous
users see an empty list.

I realize this is by design, so I was wondering if anyone had any strategies
for pulling this off.

The only thing I can come up with is to programmatically create a new node
when the publication is saved which contains the teaser. The views page
would then list these nodes.

Are there better ideas? or modules I could check out?

thanks in advance