[support] private content with a public teaser

Richard Bennett richard.b at gritechnologies.com
Tue Aug 7 21:35:14 UTC 2007

On Tue, 07 Aug 2007 23:00:19 +0200, John Barreiros
<johnbarreiros2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Now, here's what I want to do. I want that teaser to be viewable by
> everyone.

Hi,
I asked this question a few months ago and didn't get any pointers to a
specific module that exists, but several tips.
In the end I used CCK to create a new content type.
I left the 'body' description blank to hide it.
I then created 3 new text areas:
'Non Members' - that would contain the teaser for non-members.
'Teaser' - for the regular teaser for members.
'Body' - The full page content.
I set the 'Display fields' tab options so that 'Non Members' and 'Teaser'
are displayed for Teaser, and 'Body' is displayed when in Body view.
I then used the 'CCK Field Permissions' module to be able to set which
field is visible for which role, so people who are not logged in see the
'Non Members' teaser and no body, and people who are logged in see the
other Teaser and the Body.
When you create a new page, you have to input both teasers manually, which
suited my needs ok.

Hope that helps, and I'm interested in any other solutions you might come
up with.

Richard