[support] how to add blocks to place in regions on my home page

Sarah Adams mr.sanders at geekjock.ca
Fri Aug 10 17:55:40 UTC 2007

>     2) How do I create a new block and ensure that it is editable by the
>     site owner? I've seen mention a few times that I should to to
>     "administer > blocks > add block" but I don't see this option in my site
>     admin; the closest thing to it is "administer > site building > blocks",
>     but this page does not include an "add block" function.
>

> It really should have an add block function.  There should be two
> options at the top - "List" and "Add block".  What theme is your backend
> admin area using?  If you are using a custom theme, it is possible that
> it isn't printing out $tabs as it should.

I think that is definitely the problem. I'm using the garland theme for
the admin, but the blocks admin page shows up using the custom theme (as
does the add content page). Unless there is a way to force these pages
to also use the admin theme, I guess I'll have to add the $tabs to my
custom theme...

OK, so I edited my theme to output $tabs, and that helps a lot! Now I
see the "Add block" tab :) Seems weird that it keeps jumping back and
forth between using the admin theme and my custom theme - when I click
"Add block" it switches back to the admin theme.

--
sarah adams
web developer & programmer