[support] how to add blocks to place in regions on my home page

Jason Flatt drupal at oadaeh.net
Fri Aug 10 18:01:37 UTC 2007

On Friday 10 August 2007 10:35:01 Sarah Adams wrote:

> 1) Do I have the right idea with creating regions and placing editable
> blocks inside those regions?

I'm not sure what you're planning on putting in those areas, so my answer may
not be correct for your situation, but have you looked into the Panels
module?:
http://drupal.org/project/panels

With it you could create separate areas where you have your content.  If you
wanted to have each area administered by a different person, you could create
separate, identical content types and set the permissions appropriately.

> 2) How do I create a new block and ensure that it is editable by the
> site owner? I've seen mention a few times that I should to to
> "administer > blocks > add block" but I don't see this option in my site
> admin; the closest thing to it is "administer > site building > blocks",
> but this page does not include an "add block" function.

Here's the path:
http://www.example.com/admin/build/block/add
There should be a tab in the content area (not in the menu) labeled "Add
block".

--
Jason Flatt
http://www.oadaeh.net/