[support] How to relate nodes to a category

Marc Poris marc at funnymonkey.com
Sat Aug 11 00:07:56 UTC 2007

Manfredo,

Start here:  http://drupal.org/node/299

Then go down to the "Modules that do more with categories" post.
Install some of the modules that look like they may be doing something
similar.

Take a look at the function taxonomy_save() in taxonomy.module.  Create
some nodes, put them in categories (I think you're talking about using
the core taxonomy module), and walk through the code that saves the
nodes to the database.

These things ought to get you started ... if you've already done all
that, then we'll need a little more information as to what your exact
problem is.  When you've got it figured out, it will be worth a post on
Drupal.org if you think you'll be able to help someone else out.

Marc