[support] tinyMCE issue

sander-martijn sander at sander-martijn.com
Wed Aug 15 23:31:03 UTC 2007

Ok, having a simalar but not quite the same issue with fckeditor.  with
fckeditor i can edit the admin options.  I realized with both that i
have to enable them in roles so i did that.  I also tried uploading them
into /modules instead of sits/all/modules/ but no change, still getting
plain text in edit fields.  Any suggestions?  Drupal will be pretty much
useless for me if I can't get wysiwyg working (even though i hate it
myself, the client can't handle it otherwise).

sander-martijn wrote:
> and now for my own support question.  As my client is not html savvy,
> one of my early requirements is to get a wysiwyg editor working.  I
> chose tinyMCE as the first trial because I'm thinking IMCE will be a
> good add-on (although on second look it now also supports FCK so if I
> can't get an answer here i may just try that).  I downloaded the tinyMCE
> module official release 5.x-1.9, downloaded tinyMCE version 2.1.1.1 and
> put it in the directory as specified and uploaded it.  I enabled the
> module in admin but it didn't show up.  Figured I had to configure it so
> went to the tinyMCE configuration page but that page is blank.  I'm on
> drupal 5.2 and I noticed the note (or copy the TinyMCE files into the
> module's includes folder for the 5.2 users) but there is no includes
> folder in the version i downloaded.
>
> Does anyone know whether I should create the includes folder or have to
> download the dev version (always should be a last option in a production
> site of course), if i need a different version of tinyMCE or some other
> issue I might be having?
>
> .s

sander-martijn <mailto:sander at sander-martijn.com>
interface developer | architect