[support] Change home page from story to page?

sander-martijn sander at sander-martijn.com
Mon Aug 20 20:54:44 UTC 2007

Well not every home page on the internet is a teaser list.  This
particualar one has a random image (thanks for your help on that btw I
got it working), two paragraphs of text that are only on that page, a
specialized search (custom module) and 3 news items.  The news items
will just be headers that link.  However the two paragraphs don't link
off anywhere, so you can't see them anywhere except the homepage.
Therefore to edit them you need to go to the content management part of
the admin and find the story and edit it.  I was just wondering if there
was an easier way to have the editors manage the home page content.

Metzler, David wrote:
> Doen't quite make sense.  The home page is normally a "teaser list" of
> nodes.  If you click on the node that you want to edit, whether it's the
> top sticky one or another, you should be able to edit that node,
> (provided you have permissions of course).
>
> Not sure what you mean by "go looking for it", so am a little confused
> as to whether I'm answering your question.
>
> Dave

sander-martijn <mailto:sander at sander-martijn.com>
interface developer | architect
sander at sander-martijn.com <mailto:sander at sander-martijn.com>