[support] PHP error "Duplicate entry" (problem with themes)

Paul West Paul.West at redwood.com
Tue Aug 21 11:07:04 UTC 2007

Hi all please help,

In my log I am getting hundreds of duplicate entry php errors I will
paste a few of them they are all related to the theme engine. I am
running a custom theme called redwood. all other default themes are not
enabled. The site has been up and fine for a while this is a new problem
but I haven't changed anything major recently.

I'm running Drupal 4.7.4 with PHP templates.

Duplicate entry 'themes/engines/theme_editor/theme_editor_engine.engine'
for key 1 query: INSERT INTO system (name, type, filename, status,
throttle, bootstrap) VALUES ('theme_editor_engine', 'theme_engine',
'themes/engines/theme_editor/theme_editor_engine.engine', 1, 0, 0) in
/usr/local/drupal/drupal/includes/database.mysql.inc on line 121.

Duplicate entry 'themes/bluemarine/page.tpl.php' for key 1 query: INSERT
INTO system (name, description, type, filename, status, throttle,
bootstrap) VALUES ('bluemarine',
'themes/engines/phptemplate/phptemplate.engine', 'theme',
'themes/bluemarine/page.tpl.php', 0, 0, 0) in
/usr/local/drupal/drupal/includes/database.mysql.inc on line 121.

Duplicate entry 'themes/chameleon/marvin/style.css' for key 1 query:
INSERT INTO system (name, description, type, filename, status, throttle,
bootstrap) VALUES ('marvin', 'themes/chameleon/chameleon.theme',
'theme', 'themes/chameleon/marvin/style.css', 0, 0, 0) in
/usr/local/drupal/drupal/includes/database.mysql.inc on line 121.

Duplicate entry 'themes/chameleon/marvin/style.css' for key 1 query:
INSERT INTO system (name, description, type, filename, status, throttle,
bootstrap) VALUES ('marvin', 'themes/chameleon/chameleon.theme',
'theme', 'themes/chameleon/marvin/style.css', 0, 0, 0) in
/usr/local/drupal/drupal/includes/database.mysql.inc on line 121.

One option I am looking at is if I can hardcode path_to_theme() in the
tpl files? Would this help?

Please help,

Paul West
Web Developer