[support] Change home page from story to page?

J-P Stacey jp.stacey at torchbox.com
Tue Aug 21 13:56:38 UTC 2007

Roy Smith wrote:
> This may be a dumb question, but how do you get additional pages
> which act like the front page, i.e. you can have a bunch of
> individually editable stories floating around which are serialized
> onto a single page?

The views module would do that for you: Views and Views UI together for the
editing interface at Admin > Site building > Views. There are several good
tutorials for the views module on drupal.org so I won't repeat here.

Each view can support requests to a particular URL by enabling its Page
mode: so you can register a view to handle a request to
mysite.example.com/views_of_my_nodes/most_recent_sandwiches , or whatever.
There's no real restriction on the syntax.

Cheers,
J-P
--
J-P Stacey