[support] white screen of death

Jason Flatt drupal at oadaeh.net
Fri Aug 24 17:10:52 UTC 2007

On Friday 24 August 2007 09:15:37 John Barreiros wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestions all.
> My host actually has the memory limit set to 32M. I increased to 50M, but
> still nothing.
>
> I tried the suggestions from the handbook page, nada.
>
> I also tried switching to the garland theme, turning off friendly urls, and
> turning off all modules. nada
>
> I looked at the error log, but it didn't tell me anything useful.
>
> next I created the db from scratch. This made the site show up. Then I
> turned on every module on one by one. The site is still showing. It looks
> like I have no choice but to rebuild the entire site. I'll be honest, this
> really blows.

You might try it from the other direction and disabling modules on the
production site. You can move the modules out of the sites directory
one-by-one or all at once to see if your site comes back. I would probably
start with a database back up, then by moving the e-commerce modules, since
there's so much code there.

Another thing to consider is potentially errant PHP code in a block or node
that might be causing the problem. I've done that enough times to look for it
as an option.

--
Jason Flatt
http://www.oadaeh.net/