[support] switching away from image module

Jean Gazis jgazis at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 00:05:23 UTC 2007

Hello helpful people!

I have been using the image and image assist modules for images on my sites.
I've had some problems with them, and when I looked at the issues list for
image I was not thrilled, there are a lot of them. It seems like everyone in
the local user group (NYC) uses CCK imagefield with imagecache instead for
their sites. I'm thinking I should just go ahead and switch. What's the best
way to go about it? Will uninstalling the modules cause further problems?
Will I have to recreate all the image content?

I have simply images in posts, and some image galleries.

Jean Gazis
www.jeangazis.com
www.boxofrain.us

"Believe those who are seeking the truth; doubt those who find it." - André
Gide