[support] switching away from image module

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo mail at webthatworks.it
Tue Aug 28 07:56:53 UTC 2007

On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 20:05:23 -0400
"Jean Gazis" <jgazis at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello helpful people!

> I have been using the image and image assist modules for images on
> my sites. I've had some problems with them, and when I looked at
> the issues list for image I was not thrilled, there are a lot of
> them. It seems like everyone in the local user group (NYC) uses CCK
> imagefield with imagecache instead for their sites. I'm thinking I
> should just go ahead and switch. What's the best way to go about
> it? Will uninstalling the modules cause further problems? Will I
> have to recreate all the image content?

> I have simply images in posts, and some image galleries.

Very recently I've installed gallery for gallery2 and Image.
The former because gallery gives a lot of options for uploading
images, because it support video and embedded content from other
sites (flickr, youtube).

I used Image on my personal site because I need a very clean method
to build up simple galleries.

I find that tweaking the layout of Image is much easier than tweaking
gallery + gallery2.

What do you think the shortcomings of Image are?

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
http://www.webthatworks.it