[support] Validation Error

Skip Taylor avskip at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 20:55:32 UTC 2007

I'm not even sure this is related, but it can't hurt to try it.

I had something similar happening (the error was that everyone was being
logged out sporadically) and no one could help me either. Then it dawned on
me that pages were coming from a cache that were giving the errors.

I turned off cacheing and the problem went away. It may cost a bit in CPU
time, but I don't have any hassles.

This is on a site that was upgraded from 4.7.7 directly to 5.3.

Maybe this might help or it may just be a shot in the dark!

Skip
On Dec 3, 2007 9:51 AM, Tom Holmes Jr. <tom at tomholmes.net> wrote:

> I am using Drupal 5.3 .... and not using the Polling Module at all.
>
> I'm gonna test on another machine a clean, clean, clean install, add
> CCK, then add the link, imagefield, and date 1.6 module ... the 1.7
> seems to have messed up the views.
> I started getting issues when I added the date CCK field ... but that's
> just speculation.
>
> If no one from Drupal.org <http://drupal.org/> can tell me how to fix this
> ... there is NO
> WAY my employer is gonna use Drupal for an enterprise-wide stable CMS ....
>
> Thanks!
>                            Tom
>
> Robert C Corsaro wrote:
> > I am also seeing this problem sparadoicly when using the polling module.
> >   Ppl vote and get this error, but there vote IS counted.  It doesn't
> > always happen and I'm having trouble finding a pattern.  I'm using 6.
> > 0beta3. What version are you using Tom?
> >
> > Tom Holmes Jr. wrote:
> >
> >> After adding a few modules, and after a submit most forms ... now I get
> >> the error:
> >> "Validation error, please try again. If this error persists, please
> >> contact the site administrator."
> >>
> >> I AM the site administrator.   After going to the Drupal site, and
> going
> >> on Google, I can't find out why this was caused.
> >> Where is this coming from? Why is it random? And MOST IMPORTANTLY how
> >> can I fix it?????????????
> >>
> >> The very last thing I want to do is blow away my drupal dev
> environment,
> >> re-install it from scratch, add the CCK module, and
> >> the imagefield, link, and date modules ... and then ultimately come
> back
> >> to the same issue.
> >> I think the date CCK 1.7 module breaks the views .... but that's
> another
> >> issue.
> >>
> >> Please, please, please .... tell me how I can get rid of this
> validation
> >> error!!!!!!    Thanks!
> >>
> >>                      Tom

Half of being smart is knowing what you're dumb at. -- David Gerrold
---
copies of the original message.